Sergio Carrara holds a degree in Social Sciences from the State University of Campinas (1982), a master’s degree (1987) and a doctorate (1995) in Social Anthropology from the National Museum/Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. He is a Professor at the State University of Rio de Janeiro, where he develops research in the area of Anthropology of the Body and Health, working mainly on the following topics: sexuality, gender, homosexuality, human rights and violence. He is also editor of the Revista Sexualidade, Saúde e Sociedade. Currently he serves as a researcher at the Latin American Center on Sexuality and Human Rights-CLAM / IMS // UERJ and at the Integrated Laboratory on Sexual and Gender Diversity, Policies and Rights-LIDIS / UERJ (Productivity Scholarship/CNPq 1D).
Address to access this curriculum: http://lattes.cnpq.br/3804782071634146.
Publications in English:
- CARRARA, SÉRGIO; Garay, J. H. ; Uziel, A. P. ; D’Angelo, L. B. ; Queiroz, J. P. ; Baldanzi, A. C. O. ; Panjo, H. ; Conceição, G. M. S. ; Silva Jr., A. L. ; GIAMI, A. . Body construction and health itineraries: a survey among travestis and trans people in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Cadernos de Saude Publica, v. 35, p. 1-15, 2019. Link: https://www.scielo.br/j/csp/a/nhxFFZVTg6hW6rjFDNKVpCH/?lang=en
- CARRARA, S.; FRANÇA, Isadora Lins ; SIMÕES, J. A. . Knowledge and scientific practices in the public sphere: Anthropology, gender, and sexuality. REVISTA DE ANTROPOLOGIA, v. 61, p. 71, 2018. Link: https://www.revistas.usp.br/ra/article/download/145514/139653
- CARRARA, SERGIO; NASCIMENTO, MARCOS ; DUQUE, ALINE ; TRAMONTANO, LUCAS . Diversity in School: A Brazilian educational policy against homophobia. Journal of LGBT Youth, v. 13, p. 161-172, 2016. Link: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19361653.2016.1160269
- CARRARA, S.. Discrimination, policies, and sexual rights in Brazil. Cadernos de Saúde Pública (ENSP. Impresso), v. 28, p. 184-189, 2012. Link: https://www.scielo.br/j/csp/a/mwFQB7k87vNkS4cHgBWmy4P/?lang=en
- VIANNA, A. R. B. ; CARRARA, S. ; LACERDA, P. M. DE . Sexual Politics and Sexual Rights in Brazil: an overview. Global Public Health (Print), v. 3, p. 5-21, 2008. Link: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17441690801981050
- CARRARA, S.. The symbolic geopolitics of syphilis: an essay in historical anthropology. Curare Journal For Ethnomedicine, Berlin, v. 97, n.12, p. 81-95, 1997. Link: https://www.scielo.br/j/hcsm/a/7KqnSpqPX5CqVKZvJHm97QJ/?lang=pt